Data Center Technician, Network Infrastructure
- Moncks Corner, SC
- Posted 1 month ago – Accepting applications
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience
- Experience with troubleshooting, diagnosing, maintenance, and monitoring of computer hardware and server hardware
- Experience with operating systems and networking protocols
- Experience working with, and troubleshooting hardware or network related issues using Linux-based tools
- Experience with coding, systems administration, or scripting
- Experience troubleshooting OS, network equipment, and software
- Experience with light coding or scripting
- Ability to collaborate and partner with people and teams to overcome challenges
- Ability to manage competing and changing priorities
Google isn't just a software company. The Hardware Operations team is responsible for monitoring the state-of-the-art physical infrastructure behind Google's powerful search technology. As an Operations Technician, you'll install, configure, test, troubleshoot and maintain hardware (like servers and its components) and server software (like Google's Linux cluster). You'll also take on the configuration of more complex components such as networks, routers, hubs, bridges, switches and networking protocols. You'll participate in or lead small project teams on larger installations and develop project contingency plans. A typical day involves manual movement and installation of racks, and while it can sometimes be physically demanding, you are excited to work with infrastructure that is at the cutting-edge of computer technology.
As a Data Center Technician, you'll deploy and maintain Google's Data Center Server and Network Infrastructure by installing, configuring, testing, troubleshooting, and repairing hardware and server software. You'll manage the configuration of networks, routers, bridges, and switches. You'll lead local project teams on installations and develop project contingency plans. In this role, you will manage the physical deployment of data center-related technology and partner with various stakeholders. You will ensure that goals, missions, and projects are successfully delivered and that they are repeatable across our global array of data centers.
The Data Center team designs and operates some of the most sophisticated electrical and HVAC systems in the world. We are a diverse, upbeat, creative, team-oriented group of engineers committed to building and operating powerful data centers.Responsibilities
- Contribute to and lead efforts/projects in the deployment, maintenance and support of current and new data center servers and network infrastructure.
- Lead complex troubleshooting and resolve critical or escalated technical issues over a significant population of affected equipment.
- Install and maintain switches, routers, and other large-scale networking gear.
- Configure and troubleshoot Linux OS related issues.
- Configure and troubleshoot OS-related issues on servers.