- Wethersfield, CT
- Posted 4 weeks ago – Accepting applications
LET YOUR COLORS SHOW
Here, we believe there’s not one path to success, we believe in careers that grow with you. Whoever you are or wherever you come from in the world, there’s a place for you at Sherwin-Williams. We provide you with the opportunity to explore your curiosity and drive us forward. We’ll give you the space to share your strengths and we want you to show us what you can do. You can innovate, grow and discover in a place where you can thrive and Let Your Colors Show!
Sherwin-Williams values the unique talents and abilities from all backgrounds and characteristics. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply, including individuals with disabilities and Protected Veterans.
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Paint Manufacturing – Fortune 500 Company – Career Growth – Competitive Salary and Benefits – Stability
The role of the General Laborer is to contribute to facility efficiency through ensuring an exceptional customer experience, assisting with warehousing duties, and supporting our color blending production team.
- Ensure customer quality and service expectations are met.
- Follow designated loss prevention, security and safety practices according to policy and correct or report noncompliance of appropriate procedures/policies.
- Troubleshoot and resolve customer problems with spray equipment.
- Operate all material handling, color matching, tinting, mixing and lab testing equipment as required and in a safe manner.
- Assist with physical inventory.
- Assist with color blending, warehouse and delivery responsibilities as needed.
- Follow all safety practices as outlined.
- Follow Standard Operating Procedures (SOP).
- Follow Hazardous Material Handling Procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to work all scheduled hours as needed.
- Employee must have reliable transportation.
- Employee may be required to retrieve material from shelves and lift and carry up to 50lbs and up to 100 lbs. on occasion.
- Must be able to distinguish one or more chromatic colors.
- Employee must be able to tolerate non-toxic paint odors and be able to wear a respirator as required.
- Employee must be able to operate a hand truck and/or material handling equipment once trained.
- Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status.
- High school education or equivalent is preferred.
- One year of experience working with machinery in a manufacturing environment is preferred.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
As a leading coatings company Sherwin-Williams is proud to offer a competitive compensation package as well as a comprehensive benefits program designed to support the health, wellness and financial security of our employees and their families. Benefits include group medical, dental and vision coverage, group and supplemental life insurance, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement and much more.
Who we are:
At Sherwin-Williams, we're proud of the company we keep — our family of loyal employees. To learn about our company and our culture go to careers.sherwin-williams.com.
Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, age, pregnancy, genetic information or any other consideration prohibited by law or contract.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor requesting appropriate employment service delivery systems, such as state workforce agencies and local employment delivery systems, to provide priority referrals of protected veterans.