Software Engineering - Lead Engineer
- Posted 1 month ago – Accepting applications
FICO (NYSE: FICO) is a leading global analytics software company, helping businesses in 90+ countries make better decisions. Join our world-class team today and fulfill your career potential!
“Come join our product development team in a hands-on technical role where you’ll be involved in the end-to-end lifecycle of software development and methodologies. This role provides the opportunity to develop a deep understanding of our business, and work closely with professional services and product management to develop a highly feature rich product.” – VP, Software Engineering.
What You’ll Contribute
- Design, develop, deploy and support modules of large world-class enterprise-level product.
- Participate in architectural design of product.
- Develop high level development timelines based on project scope and understanding of the existing application code.
- Evaluate new design specifications and raise quality standards, address architectural concerns.
- Evaluate stability, compatibility, scalability, interoperability, and performance of the software product.
- Maintain and upgrade product source codes.
- Demonstrate technical expertise through publication, presentations, white papers and event participation.
- Continually learn new technologies in related areas.
- Serve as a source of technical expertise and mentor junior team members.
What We’re Seeking
- Bachelor’s/Master’s in Computer Science or related disciplines, or relevant experience in software architecture, design, development, and testing.
- Experience with cloud technologies including AWS, GCP or Azure.
- Experience with relational and NoSQL databases.
- Experience with front end development of enterprise software using Angular, JS, and/or Java.
- Experience with FICO DMP, Studio, Application Workbench, or Decision Modeler is preferred.
- Proficient in development and deployment of software solutions product within software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) process.
- Excellent communication and ability to articulate the design with architects and discuss strategy requirements with teams.
- Strong knowledge of database concepts and programming.
- Experience in maintaining and upgrading of product source codes.
- Experience writing product specifications and documenting product features and presenting them to wider audiences.
- Experience in software design with strong foundation of design models and database structures.
- Business domain knowledge.
- Ability to provide product demonstrations is an advantage.
- Ability to work well as part of a geographically diverse team.
Our Offer To You
- A culture and work environment strongly reflecting our core values: Act Like an Owner, Delight Our Customers and Earn the Respect of Others.
- The opportunity to make a difference by leveraging your unique strengths.
- Highly competitive compensation and rewards.
- Flexible work options, opportunities to give back to your community, social events with colleagues and a comprehensive benefits program inclusive of progressive parental leave.
At FICO, you can develop your career with a leading organization in one of the fastest-growing fields in technology today – Big Data analytics. You’ll play a part in our commitment to help businesses use data to improve every choice they make, using advances in artificial intelligence, machine learning, predictive and prescriptive modeling, and much more.
FICO makes a real difference in the way businesses operate worldwide:
- Credit Scoring — 150+ billion FICO Scores have been sold to date, making it the most used credit score in the world.
- Fraud Detection and Security — 2.6+ billion payment cards globally are protected by FICO fraud systems.
- Lending — 3/4 of US mortgages are approved using the FICO Score.
- Anti-Money Laundering — our solutions check more than half a billion transactions a day to prevent criminal schemes such as terrorist financing
Global trends toward digital transformation have created tremendous demand for FICO’s solutions, placing us among the world’s top 100 software companies by revenue. We support many of the world’s largest banks, insurers, retailers, telecommunications providers and other firms reach a new level of success.
Our success is dependent on really talented people – just like you – who thrive on the collaboration and innovation that’s nurtured by a diverse and inclusive environment. We’ll provide the support you need, while ensuring you have the freedom to develop your skills and grow your career. Join FICO and help change the way business thinks!
Learn more about how you can fulfill your potential at www.fico.com/Careers
FICO values the benefit that diversity and a culture of inclusion bring to our workplace. We are an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and we’re proud to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants without regard to race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, pregnancy, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.