- Mobile, AL
- Compass Corporate
- Posted 4 weeks ago – Accepting applications
A family of companies and experiences
As the leading foodservice and support services company, Compass Group USA is known for our great people, great service and our great results. If you’ve been hungry and away from home, chances are you’ve tasted Compass Group’s delicious food and experienced our outstanding service. Our 225,000 associates work in award-winning restaurants, corporate cafes, hospitals, schools, arenas, museums, and more in all 50 states. Our reach is constantly expanding to shape the industry and create new opportunities for innovation. Join the Compass family today!
great people. great services. great results.
Each and every individual plays a key role in the growth and legacy of our company. We know the next big idea can come from anyone. We encourage developing and attracting expertise that differentiates us as a company as we continue to raise the bar.Job Summary
Compass Group, the world’s largest contract food and support services company, has a Great Opportunity for career development and growth here at its Mobile, AL office as a Sr. Accountant supporting Morrison Healthcare, Morrison Community Living, Flik Lifestyles and Touchpoint. You will be responsible for producing accurate accounting records, including communicating with field personnel regarding accounting issues, ensures that approved procedures are being followed to provide accurate, efficient and timely reporting. Supervises 2-4 non-exempt associates.
Positions at this location require proof of COVID-19 vaccination, boosters, and/or regular COVID testing. Where permitted by law, applicants who are offered a position for this location may be asked about their vaccination status, which must meet minimum business requirements. All religious, medical, or other legally recognized exemptions regarding vaccination status will be considered.
- Responsible for training and supervising Jr Accountants and Sr. Accounting Clerks.
- Manage day to day performance of accountants and clerks to meet expectations.
- Ensures excellent customer service is provided with team.
- Financial Statements prepared in a timely and accurate manner.
- Accounting conforms to generally accepted accounting principles.
- Balance Sheet accounts reconciled monthly.
- Ensures accounting follows contract terms.
- Analyzes income statement and balance sheet for possible misstatements.
- Create profiles for all operations.
- Maintain contract files on all operations.
- Ensures proper procedures for closed operations (physical and financial closing).
- Process all commission, profit split/budget guarantee and royalty payments.
- Review subsidy invoices.
- Provide training and financial support to operations by training operators on how to better understand policies, procedures and use financial tools and reports.
- Maintains internal controls within the region.
- Ensures company policies and procedures are followed.
- Act as liaison between field operations and corporate office.
- Review and follow up on significant bank reconciliation write-off issues and timely deposits and escalate any major issues to management.
- Acts as a leader within the department.
- Special projects and other duties as assigned.
- A minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance is required
- 4+ years of accounting supervisory experience
- Customer service focus
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Detail oriented
- Team player
- Excellent analytical skills
- Proficiency in Word and Excel
- Working knowledge of SAP financial and/or other accounting software preferred
Apply to Compass Group today!
Click here to Learn More about the Compass Story
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. *Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance)
Associates at Corporate are offered many fantastic benefits.
- Life Insurance/ AD
- Disability Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Time Off (varies by site/state)
- Associate Shopping Program
- Health and Wellness Programs
- Discount Marketplace
- Identity Theft Protection
- Pet Insurance
- Commuter Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
Req ID: 1024038