Sr. Business Intelligence Engineer, Amazon Fresh
- Arlington, VA
- Amazon.com Services LLC
- Posted 3 weeks ago – Accepting applications
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or related experience.
- 6+ years of relevant work experience in data science, business analytics, business intelligence (BI), or comparable experience in big data environments.
- 6+ years of experience in data mining and data-set preparation using SQL.
- 6+ years of experience with Tableau Desktop, Quicksight or other relevant data visualization software.
- 2+ years in a marketing focused role including customer lifecycle marketing, segmentation reporting, customer funnel analysis, and top-line sales performance.
- Experience in creating fully automated solutions.
- Self-driven, details-oriented, and show ability to deliver on ambiguous projects with incomplete data.
Amazon Fresh is a new grocery store designed from the ground up to offer a seamless grocery shopping experience, whether customers are shopping in store or online. We’ve taken our decades of operations experience to deliver consistently low prices for all and FREE, same-day delivery for Prime members. Customers will find a wide assortment of national brands and high-quality produce, meat, and seafood; plus our culinary team offers customers a range of delicious prepared foods made fresh in store, every day. We’ve also introduced new ways to make grocery shopping more convenient, including the Amazon Dash Cart, which enables customers to skip the checkout line, and new Alexa features to help customers manage their shopping lists and better navigate our aisles.
We are currently seeking a Business Intelligence Engineer to support the marketing team. This position can be located in Arlington VA, Southern California (San Diego, Santa Monica or Irvine), Austin TX, or Nashville TN.
The right person for this role will be a motivated self-starter, comfortable with dealing with large data sets and possess excellent statistical and analytical abilities. They will have a passion for delivering simple to use tools to the marketing team with the ability to provide meaningful and actionable insight. They will have experience understanding how marketing impacts the customer funnel and what are the right levers to drive the business forward.
- Design, develop and maintain scaled, automated, user-friendly systems, reports, dashboards, etc. that will support the marketing team.
- Apply deep analytic and business intelligence skills to extract meaningful insights and learning from large and complicated data sets.
- Be hands-on with ETL to build data pipeline to support automated reporting.
- Serve as liaison between the business and technical teams to achieve the goal of providing actionable insights into current business performance, and ad hoc investigations to support future improvements or innovations. This will require data gathering and manipulation, problem solving, and communication of insights and recommendations.
- Build various data visualizations to tell the story of business trends, patterns, and outliers through rich visualizations.
- Recognize and adopt best practices in reporting and analysis: data integrity, test design, analysis, validation, and documentation.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
- 8+ years of experience in a data engineer or BIE role with a technology/retail company.
- 2+ years focused on omni-channel traffic analysis.
- Graduate degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, related technical field
- Strong verbal/written communication and data presentation skills, including an ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical team, and senior management as required.
- Experience working in large data warehouse environments.
- Experience conducting large scale and complex data analysis to support business decision making.